Thursday, July 20, 2006

Make that 2 jobs (and more $un$hine)

Things are continuing to hop in the mile-high city. I got another job this past weekend at LoLa. I'm an expo for this fancy restaurant serving up coastal Mexican cuisine (i.e. seafood with a Mexican flavor...$2 happy hour fish tacos!), which means I convinced them that I'm not only organized and efficient, but also not clumsy and very outspoken. Hmm...we'll see how it turns out. So far, so good.

The other night, the chef at LoLa promptly gave me the nickname Andy. For those of you who don't keep up with pop culture, this is in reference to Andy Dick (below), the actor/comedian popular for cameos in various sitcoms and awards shows and his briefly popular MTV show, The Assistant.
A word of advice to all young men ages 18-30: don't be tall and skinny with fluffy/curly blonde hair and glasses. It can only mean bad things. You see, for the longest tme I kept my hair nice and short: 6 guard on the top, 4 guard on the sides. In those days, I recieved comparisons to movie stars Matthew McConaghey and the young Paul Newman. A few years back I decided to let my hair go a little bit. Who knew that it would be blonde and curly? Who knew that I would be publicly recognized as Andy Dick? Who knew that it could get worse than Andy Dick...that the sick minds driving American pop culture would perpetuate - exacerbate - the humiliation of we tall, skinny fluffy/curly blonde guys with glasses?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

rick, i think you look way more like napoleon dynamite than andy dick. you're welcome.

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home