Sunday, July 09, 2006

I've got a job! I've got a roommate! I've got sunshine!

News from the weekend, people. News.
Saturday I got a call back from the owner of Snooze, a hip new breakfast/lunch place in Denver that just happens to be down the street from my apartment. This was a phone call that informed me that starting tomorrow at 8 am, I will have an income...[gasp...oh, the horror]. Yes, after 3 months of volunteering a the Ranch, 2 weeks in Jonesboro watching the World Cup, and 2 weeks in Denver living off savings (aka bumming off Kayla), I now have what they promise you when you graduate college: money. Well, actually they never promised me that I'd make money as a graduate of the Geography department, and now I understand why.
Also this weekend I got a roommate, Mr. Nicolas James Whitescarver of Valley Springs, AR 90210. He arrived in his usual pomp and circumstance - w/ Mom, Dad, two trucks w/ tarps taped (6 rolls) down, and rain. Lots of rain. We must've been quite a sight at 11 pm on a Saturday in downtown Denver, moving box springs, mattresses, dressers, and boxes up and down flights of stairs in the rain.
So here's to Denver - a place a guy could really get used to, what with a good friend, a girlfriend, and a job and all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We're glad you made it, got a place to live, a roomate, and a JOB!! That's awesome. Keep in touch.

Love you,
Miki & Jeff

6:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, pray tell Rick, is my usual pomp and circumstance?

10:34 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What, pray tell Rick, is my usual pomp and circumstance?

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home