Sunday, April 09, 2006

The way to my heart...

...is certainly, without even the slightest bit of doubt, through my stomach. The most recent person to discover this is one of my roommates, Sunny. A 51 year-old displaced New Mexican and former gormet chef, Sunny can also add to her Bio that she is my new best friend. We've worked out a pretty good system: she cooks, I wash the dishes. In the three weeks that the two of us have been living at Hilltop House, she has cooked (and I have eaten) the following:
- Fish tacos, with shark, mahi-mahi, and telapia...accompanied by hand-made flour and corn tortillas, black beans, shredded cheese, and 5 different sauces and salsas of varying degrees of hotness.
- Ostrich (which tastes more like beef than bird), with sauteed cabbage and refried beans with sun-dried tomatoes
- Marinated salmon and flounder
- 6 different loaves of homemade bread, from baguettes to sourdoughs
- homemade cinnamon rolls
- an unnamed strawberry desert with cream, champagne, and a cinnamon cracker/cookie
- homemade flan
She's soon to teach me how to make sushi and pad thai, among other things. We'll see how that goes...I bet I'll end up just doing the dishes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Real.Ideal said...

you really shouldn't pass up the opportunity to learn to cook cool stuff... you can do the dishes anytime. Plus, it's a "marketable" skill (with the ladies)...

5:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home