Sunday, March 26, 2006

Smoky the Mountain(s)

Feel free to refer to my freind Ellen's blog (linked below and to the right) for a better more prompt update on our recent trip to he lovely and majestic Great Smoky Mountains. The pictures below don't even begin to do the mountains justice, as none of them are really pictures of the mountains and most have me doing something goofy in them. Someone once told me that I'm never serious in pictures, and I got mildly offended. I always considered myself pretty photogenic. Until now. Apologies to whomever offended me by offering up their correct observation.
Trip was good...yadayada. Oreos, s'mores, campfires, sleeping bags, mac n' cheese, sore legs, Miller High life, I-40, Wilco, bluegrass, Appal"atchuns" not "Appal"ayshins", and such things...oh and Nick stopping us every 5 steps for 20 miles to idendify some obscure plant that if we had come just a couple of days later we'd see blooming. They all looked like little green leaves to me. Dern the botanist...dern 'em ta heck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home