Tuesday, February 21, 2006

the respect i deserve

while waiting tables at the O'C last night, the hostess thought it would be mighty funny to sit 3 high school gals in my section. funny it was, because these 3 ladies have previously been students of mine while substitute teaching. a bit humiliating (or humbling, especially when they watched me sing the birthday song to another customer...yes, i have to clap and sing and such) too, as i was at their service.
the best part of the experience came when i was casually strolling by, checking on my tables, refilling drinks, etc. from behind came a call, "mr. white? mr. white?"
"yes?" i replied, casually and with a certain air of newfound dignity.
"may i have some more pickles for my hamburger, mr. white?"
"certainly, my dear."

i take it back...the best part was the tip. $9, far above the average for a 3-top at O'Charley's. it pays to be respectful, but it pays more to be respected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home