Monday, February 13, 2006

ice + snow + wind = ultimate weather

for some reason a couple hundred other people and i thought it was a great idea to play ultimate frisbee this weekend in little rock. after the fact, i wonder to myself "why? why are we this stupid?" on friday it snowed, large flakes, not small. on saturday night the ground froze, and on saturday and sunday, we did. the wind chill was a balmy 14 degrees and we were running around chasing a flying disc and trying to pretend we weren't cold. we were.
we (the boys named sue) went 3-3 on the weekend...not a bad showing for the "offseason."
thursday night i got to see son volt play at juanita's in little rock...they played a 2-song set with hardly a break before one of the best encores i think i've ever seen. my drunken friends tried to convince me to leave early, but thankfully for them, i held my ground. what would my friends do without me? certainly not 1)make wise decisions, 2)listen to good music, and 3)be in the presence of beauty and wisdom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home